A mobility scooter is an aid that has been specifically designed to help people with restricted mobility regain access to their independence. Mobility scooters are typically used by individuals with an injury, physical disability or medical condition. They have become increasingly popular with people who are morbidly obese. Whatever your reasoning might be to, there are a few aspects to keep in mind when choosing a mobility scooter.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Mobility Scooter for Sale
When choosing a mobility scooter there are a few aspects that should be considered before making a commitment to purchase.
- Choose the right model: when choosing your mobility scooter there are three different options to consider. You can get a two, three, or four wheeled mobility scooter. Your choice will depend on your needs and the terrain you will be using the scooter on.
- Try before you buy: it is extremely important to ensure that your scooter is comfortable and allows you to sit in a stable upright position. Make sure that you have enough leg room and can reach the controls easily.
- Check the maximum weight capacity: ensure that the scooter you choose can support your weight. Some lighter mobility scooters have a weight limit, and they can become unstable if the weight limit is exceeded.
- Ensure you have storage space: mobility scooters need to be charged overnight. Ideally you would need a garage or shed that accommodates access to a power source.
- Get professional advice: the best way to ensure that you get the right mobility scooter for your personal needs is to consult a professional.
Where to Find Mobility Scooters South Africa
The aspects mentioned above are a good place to start when considering the different mobility scooter options, however, it is advisable to consult a professional. There might be a variety of individual needs that need to be catered for depending on the individual. At Meintjes and Neethling we are able to advise you on the mobility scooter best suited to your needs. Contact us for information and advice.